Recreate the iconic Soviet work-horse, the T-34/76, with this Tamiya 1/48 scale model kits.
Introduced in 1940, the Russian T34 was designed for high production levels, featuring a very simplified structure. Powered by a highly fuel efficient 500hp V-2 12-cylinder diesel engine, and fitted with Christie type suspension, the T34 boasted efficiency and mobility. The T34/76 was mounted with a monstrous 76.2mm gun, and used innovative sloped armor. Featuring the perfect balance of superior defense, mobility, striking power, maintenance and mass production, the T34 is widely regarded as the best all-round tank of WWII.
The 1941 T34/76 featured distinctive cast turret and hand rails for the crew on the hull and turret. Widely deployed in the 1943 Battle of Kursk, the T34/76 spearheaded a hard-fought counter attack against German Tiger I and Panther tanks./p>
- Fine detailing includes rough finish turret, rear engine grille and rivets, and spare tracks.
- Die-cast chassis for added weight and realism.
- Assembly type tracks, with straight upper and lower tracks made of single pieces.
- Accessories include spare tracks, glouser for snow operations and ammo boxes.
- Comes with 4 different sets of markings.