Recreate the Cromwell Mk.IV, British Cruiser Tank Mk.VIII A27M, with a 1/48 scale model kit made by Tamiya.
The Cromwell compared favorably with tanks of similar weight such as the Sherman and Panzer IV, however it was less effective against German heavy tanks. The Cromwell first saw action during the Normandy campaign, where it was at a disadvantage as it could not use its superior speed and agility, but this changed after the fighting moved to open country.
Cromwell tanks made some spectacular advances in their pursuit of the Germans across Northern France, Belgium and Holland. The Cromwell served again in Korea and was finally retired in the late 1950s.
- Exterior details are included as separately-molded parts to enhance realism.
- Die-cast chassis for added weight and realism.
- Tank treads are assembly type, with one-piece upper and lower tread sections featuring realistic sag effect.
- Kit features optional rear cowling that prevented exhaust gas from getting into driver's compartment.
- Includes three types of markings.