Mobile yet defensively capable armored cars were a necessity for forces in WWII, and the 7ton armored car filled that need amply for the British: featuring effective sloped armor, a fully-rotating turret and 4WD setup, it managed a top speed of 72km/h from its 90hp 6-cylinder engine. The Mk.IV was the final of its four variants and possessed the largest gun, with an upgrade from the previous 15mm machine gun to a 37mm weapon.
It was also the most prolifically produced, and around 2,000 Mk.IVs rolled off the production line and into units across North-West Europe and Italy in the latter stages of WWII. The Mk.IV was called upon as a reconnaissance vehicle and even a command car.
- Extensive study of the real thing ensures that this model captures the sloped form of the Mk.IV with great accuracy.
- An intuitive parts breakdown makes for hassle-free assembly.
- Features a realistic depiction of the vehicle underside.
- Choose to assemble with turret crew hatch open or closed.
- Comes with a commander torso figure.
- Markings included to recreate a Polish 1st Armoured Division vehicle.