Recreate the French Light Tank R35 with a Tamiya 1/35 scale model kit.
By the 1930s French military planners could no longer ignore the obsolescence of their masterpiece FT17 tank from late WWI, and work started on a genuine successor to fill the void. One of the answers they came up with was the R35 light tank, which utilized rolled steel lower and three-piece cast upper hull designs and was armed with the short barreled 37mm gun. It was crewed by two.
When hostilities with Nazi Germany burst into life in May 1940 the R35 was right in the front line. While it showed its armor was reliable, the 37mm gun was inadequate when it came to taking out German armor. The Fall of France in June 1940 meant that production of the R35 was curtailed to approximately 1,600 units.
- Turret utilizes slide molding for superior authenticity and a fulfiling build.
- Realistic gun elevation and traverse ranges add to the realism.
- Assembly type tracks feature one-piece straight sections for realistic depiction of upper run 'sag.'
- A single commander figure is included for installation upon the turret rear hatch.
- Comes with two early WWII marking options.
Apart from the fact that it is a French Tank!😱 It turned up on time, in one piece, which is something the French are not known for 🤣🤣
I have bought from the Tank Museum before and I will do so again.