Recreate the U.S. Airborne Tank M551 Sheridan (Vietnam War) with a Tamiya 1/35 scale model kit.
The lightweight M551 Sheridan was designed as an airliftable tank, a cutting-edge design with aluminum alloy hull and powerful 152mm gun/launcher. Work began on it in 1959, and it was officially adopted in May 1966, with 1,600 produced by November 1970. Its first taste of live action came in the Vietnam War, fulfilling both shelling and offensive roles in a punishing environment, and it would also go on to serve in the Gulf War conflict.
Experience taught valuable lessons on the use of the Sheridan, and led to reinforced armor to combat land mines, while some were given a wire netting RPG screen for protection from anti-tank rockets, and even the large gun shield from the M113 ACAV.
- Authentically captures a Vietnam War vehicle, with optional chain link anti-RPG net and gun shield.
- Choose open or closed rotating driver's hatch.
- Assembly type tracks feature one-piece straight sections.
- Nylon mesh is included to recreate anti-RPG net and engine grille mesh.
- Clear parts recreate periscope components.
- Comes with commander and loader figures, plus torso driver figure.
- 2 Vietnam War marking options are included.