Recreate the U.S. M4A3 Sherman 105mm Howitzer with a Tamiya 1/35 scale model kit.
Three types of main armament were used on the M4A3: on the initial production types, the 75mm main gun and on the subsequent types, the 76mm main gun for heightened penetration. Finally, to provide heavy fire support for assaults on enemy outposts, the powerful 105mm howitzer was later adopted. The 105mm howitzer was carried in a M52 combination mount and a vision cupola was fitted for the commander with a small hatch for the loader.
About 500 of the M4A3 (105mm) were produced at the Chrysler factory in Detroit from May to September 1944. The M4A3 (105mm) were deployed to European Theatre from July 1944, and played an indispensable role in the destruction of enemy positions by the U.S. infantry fighting on the front lines.
- Commander's cupolas, loader's hatch and other hull and turret hatches can be modeled in the open or closed position.
- Two kinds of road wheels and sprockets can be selected; rubber padded tracks also included.
- Three infantrymen and one tank commander in realistic poses bring an air of excitement to the kit.
- Included equipment includes ammunition boxes, tripod, ration boxes, and much more.
- Three types of decals included.
U.S. M4A3 Sherman 105mm Howitzer Tamiya 1/35 scale model kit great model and great service from the Tank Museum will use them again.