The M24 Chaffee was an American light tank of World War II. Between 1944 and 1945, 4,731 units were produced. It successfully replaced the M3/M5 Stuart light tank.
Chaffee was equipped with welded armour, two engines and a 75mm cannon, which was previously designed for the B-25 Mitchell bomber. It was the first Western Allied tank to use torsion sticks as suspensions. Occasionally, Allied soldiers opened fire on their own tanks because the Chaffee chassis resembled a German Panzer II and a Panther. The tank was used in battles in France, Italy and the Third Reich. After the war, the M24 remained in service by American troops. It enjoyed great popularity and found many buyers all over the world. The M24 was also used in the Korean War. Units belonging to France fought in Indochina and Algeria. In the Vietnam War they were used by the South Vietnamese army. To this day they are active with the Uruguayan army.
From 588 COBI building blocks you'll build a perfectly designed model of the M24 Chaffee light tank. The model has working crawler traction, a rotating turret and a movable barrel. Under the opening service flap you’ll find two brick-built engines. On the turret there is an opening hatch and a machine gun. On the model are extremely durable prints that do not scratch or smear, even during intense play.
Two U.S. troops figures are included. The first figure is a tank commander equipped with an M3 submachine gun (lubricator) and binoculars. It is accompanied by a tank mechanic equipped with a wrench. Both soldiers have a new type of tank helmet.
The set is sure to please younger brick fans and adult collectors alike. Dioramas builders are sure to use it to re-create the end of World War II. After minor modifications, the set will also work in the theatre of hostilities in Korea and Vietnam.
- COBI building blocks are high-quality Polish made entirely in a factory in Mielec, Podkarpacie.
- 588 high-quality components.
- Manufactured in the EU by a company with more than 20 years of tradition.
- Meets safety standards for children's products.
- Fully compatible with other brands of building blocks.
- Blocks with prints do not scratch or smear and do not fade during play or under the influence of temperature.
- Easy-to-read and intuitive instruction based on illustrations and step-by-step instructions.
- Two figures of American soldiers.
Model dimensions (length x width x height): 20 cm (7.9") x 10.5 cm (4.1) x 11.5 cm (4.5").