Recreate the British Infantry Tank Mk.III Valentine Mk.II/IV with a Tamiya 1/35 scale model kit.
The lighweight, compact Valentine was an infantry tank first deployed in 1940 by British forces. A total run of over 7,000 units (produced in Britain and Canada) made the Valentine the most prolifically produced British tank during WWII.
The Mk.II/IV variant was equipped with the 40mm 2-pounder gun, and featured a 130 hp diesel engine as well as a "slow motion" coil sprung suspension system that gave it ample mobility for the infantry tank role. It débuted in November 1941 in North Africa, and was still serving in Tunisia, in May 1943. Valentines were also passed in significant numbers to the Soviet Union under the "lend-lease" program.
- In-depth study of the real thing made for an extremely realistic recreation of the compact Valentine form.
- Cast metal and armor plate surface textures are faithfully depicted.
- Separate parts recreate British Army desert-use side skirts.
- Assembly type tracks feature 1-piece straight sections.
- Includes two torso figures plus three marking options (covering British Army and Red Army vehicles).