Recreate the German Tank Panther Ausf.G with a 1/48 scale model kit made by Tamiya.
Developed as a countermeasure to the Soviet T-34, the German Panther tank was produced from 1943 until the end of the war and served alongside the Panzer III, IV and Tiger tanks. The Panther tank featured sloped armor, powerful 700hp Maybach engine and a turret placed far back on the hull mounting a 75mm L/70 cannon.
The main gun was even more devastating than its size of 75mm would suggest, due to the large propellant charge and long barrel with high muzzle velocity. Many consider the Panther every bit as effective as the Tiger I, but easier to produce and maintain. The Ausf.G included versions with heater unit installed over the left engine fan, and with lower lip piece added to mantlet to eliminate shot trap.
- Choice of two types of mantlet, with or without lower lip piece.
- Install muffler with or without flash suppressor.
- Reproduces heater unit used for winter operations.
- Assembly type tracks with straight upper and lower parts made of single pieces.
- Choice of four sets of markings.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.