Create your own Queen of the Desert with this Tamiya 1/48 scale model kit.
The Matilda was developed as a heavily armored infantry tank and was the British Army’s main tank in North Africa during WWII. She swept aside Italian opponents and was respectfully called the “Queen of the Desert” by German forces. During Operation Battleaxe to lift the siege of Tobruk in June 1941, German forces famously used their 88mm AA guns in the anti-tank role as they were the only effective counter against Matildas which could be found. The Matilda has written her name into the history books as a highly effective tank which continually proved her worth during many fierce battles throughout North Africa.
- The turret and front hull feature a realistic cast metal texture.
- Assembly tracks with one-piece straight sections feature realistic sag effect.
- Weights are included to be inserted in the hull and provide a realistic heavy feel.
- Commander torso figure included.
- Comes with 3 marking options to depict a tank from the North African front.