Recreate the German Sturmgeschütz III Ausf.B with a Tamiya 1/35 scale model kit.
At the beginning of WWII, as the German army was on their rapid offensive, the need arose for a highly mobile infantry support vehicle that could provide heavy firepower to help infantry breakthrough defenses. The Sturmgeschutz III was designed to meet this requirement, with the Ausf.B being the first mass produced variant.
Featuring a well armored crew compartment with 50mm front and 30mm side armor and armed with a 75mm StuK 37 L/24 gun, these vehicles were used during the invasion of the Balkans as well as in Operation Barbarossa.
As the war went on, the StuG III found itself evolving into a tank destroyer in addition to its assault gun role, and were often used as replacements for actual battle tanks.
- Photo-etched parts such as rear air intake mesh and headlight covers provide an extra level of realism.
- Precision-made aluminum barrel for the short 75mm main gun, complete with inner barrel rifling, is included with this kit.
- Realistic suspension is fully moveable, allowing the tracks to conform to any surface undulation for added diorama possibilites.
- Hatches may be modelled in the open position to reveal crew compartment details and engine room.
- Four types of high-quality markings included, along with a full color painting guide.