Build a 1/35 scale British Rolls-Royce Armoured Car from Meng.
In 1914 the British Admiralty took almost all the Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost chassis & added a rotatable machine gun turret onto the chassis. Those were known as the R-R armoured cars which took part in WWI, WWII & some other local wars & conflicts. They had a surprisingly long service life.
- 2019 new tooled kit
- Option of building 1914 or 1920 pattern
- Two types of wheel rims & tires included
- Length 147mm, Width 48mm, Parts 190
- Clear parts included
- Roof machine gun mount is rotatable
- Photo etch parts included
- Paint call outs for - Meng
- 4 x marking options
- Armoured Car Pattern 1914, Western Front WWI, 1916.
- Armoured Car Pattern 1914, WWI.
- Armoured Car Pattern 1920, RAF, Egypt, 1942.
- Armoured Car Pattern, 1920, RAF.
Cement and paint not included.
Just started making this and it’s going together very well. Some mild mould lines on certain parts, but nothing too weary. There’s some debate as to whether a couple of the build options are appropriate (a Western Front car with a 1920 turret?), but whatever, it looks like a RR armoured car to me! Recommended.