By Adrian Jones
Easy-to-use introductory illustrated guide to discovering the natural world.
Rocks and Minerals covers 220 commonly found types of rock, mineral, and gemstone throughout the world. This pocket-size guide is the ideal companion for beginner geologists and contains practical advice and information for those wanting to further their interests.
- Full-colour photographs illustrate each type of rock or mineral, including their crystalline structure or other identification features
- Information on distribution, chemical composition, hardness, colour, and texture
- Detailed description and ID Fact File offers key identification information at a glance
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.